- Java Developer (m/f)
Java Developer (m/f)
Do you value code that is both readable and maintainable?
- You like clean code. The number of WTFs in your code is low.
- You show a keen interest in learning and applying new technologies.
- You know how to express yourself in a way your audience understands - regardless of their technical background.
- You impress with your skill set, regardless of the amount of experience you have.
As a software developer, you know that developing software is not just a simple trick, but craftsmanship which requires talent and constant learning. Understanding the real customer problem behind the described symptoms is needed before you dive into coding. At TOPdesk you are not just programming in your team, but you can influence the course of development by discussing solutions and possible new approaches. You take responsibility for the code and value knowledge sharing to help your team mates learn.
We are agile and like to use the Scrum framework. Our main priority is to add value to our customers by delivering quality code in a healthy way. That is why we are currently changing our architecture from monolith to services. Our SaaS customers already benefit from continuous deployment, but we also have release dates for the on-premises customers.
Our code base contains in-house developed and standard Java frameworks. We aim to incorporate the best choices from the Java-land and web technologies into our code. In that regard, your input is very important to us.
Find out more on our Tech Blog!
TOPdesk is one of the leading operating experts in service management software with more than 500 employees and over 100 developers. Over 5,000 companies worldwide use our standard web-based application to streamline their processes.
We have 14 teams, located in Kaiserslautern, Delft and Budapest. We work closely together, using conference calls or travelling to another branch. TOPdesk organizes an annual International Development Meeting and various team events, to exchange ideas and get to know the colleagues from other offices better
All TOPdesk developers are encouraged to learn and innovate, by spending 10% of their working time on any project they want. There are opportunities to travel to conferences, organize international exchange programs, or buy educational material.
Our informal culture is based on freedom, trust and responsibility. In addition to a friendly working environment with flat hierarchies, we value the work-life balance and offer flexible working hours and relaxing options, like massage, table football and ping pong.
Please e-mail your full application, including your desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of Susan Lied. We would also like to know how you became aware of this vacancy.
Not sure yet?
Don't hesitate to contact Susan via email@example.com or at +49 (0) 631 624 00-0
Joel Test Score 11/12
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
In shortDepartment: Development
Working in Kaiserslautern